Last Updated October 10, 2017
The Information DROPIT Collects:
- User-Provided Information: You may provide to DROPIT what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, e-mail address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, payment account information, or demographic information) when using the Service, such as when you register for an account, communicate with DROPIT, create a profile, participate in an Auction, or upload User Data.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies or similar tracking technologies to your device, including session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), UDID, or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit the Service.
- Third Party Web Beacons: We may also implement third party content, such as advertising, on the DROPIT service that uses “clear gifs” or “web beacons”, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on the Service. This information is collected directly by the third party, and DROPIT does not participate in that data transmission. Such cookies are available to the third party that set the cookie when you browse other sites on which such third party’s web beacons are included. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
The Ways DROPIT Uses Information:
DROPIT uses the information you provide or that we collect to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service now and in the future, including the following:
- We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding User Submissions that you have posted to the Service.
- We will use payment information to process payments for Items you purchase in Auctions.
- DROPIT uses the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- DROPIT may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- DROPIT may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send i) messages about the Service, such as when you receive a message, comment, or request from another user, ii) promotional messages related to the Service and the activities of third parties we work with, and iii) messages on behalf of other users who think you may be interested in the Service or certain content available on the Service. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Service.
When DROPIT Discloses Information:
DROPIT may disclose your information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing, providing, and maintaining the Service and operating our business, including:
- DROPIT will disclose your information in connection with consummating Auction transactions and enabling fulfillment of your purchases, and, as provided in the Terms, we may make your information available to Suppliers so that they can follow up with you, communicate about other products or services you may be interested in,
- As provided in the Terms, DROPIT may also disclose your information to (directly or through Suppliers and other partners) to promote your participation in an Auction, including by sharing your information through the Service, or on a large format “Jumbotron” or similar display at a live event.
- DROPIT works with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, transcription, and support as well as other business services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their work, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. These disclosures are generally made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- The Service may enable users to communicate in a variety of ways, such as posting of comments, messaging features, and the like. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to submit through such a feature will be available to other users who have access to that content. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- DROPIT may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Service.
- DROPIT may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or where DROPIT determines that such action is necessary or useful to comply with applicable laws, to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise support or cooperate with judicial or law enforcement activity.
- DROPIT works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect DROPIT and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of DROPIT, our users, or others.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that all or a portion of DROPIT or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users, including personal information and User Data in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with DROPIT, in which case DROPIT may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain information you submit for a variety of purposes, as described under the heading “Data Retention”, below. Please note also that once you have shared information with others through the Service, it may be re-shared by the recipients, and your subsequent modification or removal of that information will not necessarily affect all copies previously propagated by others.
To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
We will retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your data to provide you services, you may delete your account. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Where possible (and subject to the foregoing), we generally remove your data from active user databases promptly upon request, but a longer period may be required to delete other copies stored on our servers. Note that we do not delete from our servers files that you have in common with other users, and that we may retain archival copies of all of your data stored in connection with routine information technology backups.
Third Party Services:
The Service contains links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
DROPIT employs certain physical and technical safeguards designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information, some of which are described in further detail below. Nevertheless, no physical or technical system, transmission, or storage mechanism is 100% secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, and human error. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant that information you transmit to DROPIT will not be lost or compromised. To reduce the risk that your account may be compromised, we recommend the use of unique passwords greater than eight characters, and that include letters, numbers, and special characters, and that you regularly change your password to one that you have not used within the last year.
If DROPIT learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically, such as by posting a notice through the Service, or sending an email to the address we have on file for you, so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach, or if you believe you have identified a security breach or exploit, you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The technology systems underlying the Service are located within the United States and other jurisdictions, and the Terms are governed by United States law. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and other jurisdictions for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
DROPIT Contact Information: